Style, fast, simple, reliable, fashion, and fancy! That’s the original advertisement of a Honda GL Pro Neo-tech 4-stroke 1600 (Honda GL160), 160 cc! P.T. Astra Honda Motor Indonesia designed this small sports bike as a street bike and then proudly named it Luxury Sport. It is in fact not a touring bike because the frame doesn’t support a luggage rack and the headlight plastic fairings and speedometer are so wide that you could break this whole thing if you ever go down.
Taking into the simple philosophy of a simple touring bike that our customers need, we have trimmed down what we thought not necessary. The following works have been carried out to make sure you have a better touring bike than the original Honda GL160:
– Installed a smaller speedometer, meanwhile removed headlight cover and headlight.
– Installed a new round headlight that uses a halogen H4 bulb.
– A slider was installed to prevent injuries when you fall down.
– Installed a large luggage rack on the back for your backpack. In addition, the frame was reinforced.
– The seat was added with extra foam and also has a new cover.
– Refurbished and/or rebuilt engines with original parts from Indonesia and Cambodia.
This used to be the most simple bike for a novice rider or a beginner. However, from 2014 we use the newer Honda CGL125 to replace this GL160 model.
Honda GL160 Specifications
Curb weight: 114 kg
Overall length x width x height: 2,034 x 754 x 1,062 mm
Wheel base: 1,281 mm
Seat height: 772 mm
Min-ground clearance: 149 mm
Fuel tank capacity: 12l
Chassis: Diamond steel
Front Tire: 2.75 – 18
Rear Tires: 3.00 – 18
Front Brake: Disc Brake with double piston
Rear Brake: Drum
Clutch: Manual, Wet Type
Battery: 12V – 4Ah
Spark Plug: ND X 24 EP-U9 / NGK DP8EA-9
Ignition: CDI-DC, Battery
Fuel Consuming: 41.4 km/liter speed 50 km/hour (standard gasoline)
Front suspension: Telescopic
Rear suspension: Swing arm with Double Shock Absorber
Engine type: 4-Stroke, OHC, Air Cooled
Displacement: 156.7 cm3
Bore stroke: 63.5 x 49.5 mm
Compression ratio: 9.0 : 1
Max. output / rpm: 13.8 hp / 8,500 rpm
Gear box: 1-N-2-3-4-5, 5 Speed
Starting system: Electric & Kick starter